Priority of the AOC is not the priority of the court system or litigants.
“You may note that the AOC does not perform any of the following functions:
Issue protective orders in domestic violence cases.
Sign search warrants.
Decide which parent gets custody of a child.
Rule on juror hardship claims.
Manage asbestos litigation.
The AOC doesn’t do any of those things. We do. And every dollar that the AOC spends on civics education or photography support or monitoring Twitter feeds is a dollar that isn’t going to hire clerks and reporters to work with us in the trial courts.”
The AOC recently put together a 21-page spreadsheet listing all that it does. You can read it on the Judicial Branch website here.
The AOC counts the following among the services it provides:
- “Support to Civics Education program to improve civic learning and public understanding of the judicial branch including the California Task Force on K-12 Civics Learning.”
- “Local Blue Ribbon Commissions training and technical assistance.”
- “Management of content strategy, publishing, and metrics evaluation for social media channels including YouTube and Twitter and consultation with other judicial branch entities on their programs.”
- “Photography support for judicial council and judicial branch programs, projects, and initiatives.”
You may note that the AOC does not perform any of the following functions:
- Issue protective orders in domestic violence cases.
- Sign search warrants.
- Decide which parent gets custody of a child.
- Rule on juror hardship claims.
- Set bail.
- Manage asbestos litigation.
The AOC doesn’t do…
View original post 401 more words